If you are already using Salesforce, Chisel’s salesforce integration is the tool that will help you to import feedback and ideas into Chisel efficiently.
This article will guide you through the steps of connecting Chisel to your Salesforce account. We will also look at how you can authorize Salesforce integration in simple steps.
Pro Tip: For now, at a time, only one Chisel workspace can be integrated with one salesforce account.
How to Access Salesforce Integration in Chisel?
- Go to your profile in the top right corner of your workspace. Click on the ‘integrations’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘connect’ button next to the salesforce icon.
But First, Salesforce.
We’ll look at how you can create and configure a new connected app in salesforce.
Pro Tip: Before starting with salesforce integration, please check if you have an enterprise account (because it is a must-have to go ahead with the integration).
- In a separate tab, create an enterprise account on Salesforce. Now click on the ‘Setup’ menu icon in the top right corner.
- Once you do that, you will be brought to the salesforce setup page.
- In the ‘Quick find’ bar on the left side of the page, search for ‘App Manager.’
- From the two options on the page’s right side, click on the ‘New Connected App’ button.
- Now fill in the basic information such as ‘Connected App Name,’ ‘API Name,’ and ‘Contact Email,’
- Tick the box next to the Enable OAuth Settings in the ‘API (Enable OAuth Settings)’ section.
- In the Callback URL box, paste the following link:
- Next, add the following two OAuth Scopes: Manage user data via APIs (api), Perform requests at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Scroll to the end and click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Wait for about 10 minutes for salesforce to set up the changes.
- Once salesforce has set up your account, you will get two important links: Consumer key and Consumer secret.
Onto the Chisel Workspace
In the Chisel workspace, check if you have the ‘maker’ rights to begin the integration.
- Copy the ‘Consumer Key’ by clicking on the ‘copy’ button from the connected app view in salesforce under the section API( Enable OAuth Settings). Paste it in Chisel’s salesforce integration tab.
- Similarly, click on ‘Click to reveal’ and get your ‘Consumer Secret’ URL. Paste it in the chisel’s tab.
- Click on the ‘Authorize’ button.
Congratulations, you’ve authorized your salesforce integration! Now, only a few steps away from importing opportunities.
- To import opportunities in Chisel’s workspace, first put down the date in the box next to ‘Date Onwards.’
Pro tip: Ensure that you haven’t already imported the opportunities.
- The number of opportunities will be displayed once you enter the date, confirm it, and click on the ‘Import Opportunities’ button.
How to Import Accounts From Salesforce?
To import accounts into Chisel from Salesforce, click on the ‘Accounts’ tab. Here you can select from the two options available. If you wish to import all accounts, check into that option.
To add attributes, click on ‘+Add attribute’ and select the options as per requirement. Click on the ‘Save Attributes’ button.
Pro tip: You can select as many attributes as need be.
Once you have selected the necessary attributes, click on ‘Search Accounts’ in the ‘Update imported account’ section to know the number of accounts that match your filter.
Finally, click on the ‘Update Accounts’ button to update your selected accounts successfully in the Oragnizations section of IdeaBox.
If you wish to choose the accounts you need to import, check next to ‘Filter accounts to import.’ Click on ‘Add New Filter’ and select the account. Once you select the account name, you will have three options ‘is,’ ‘contains,’ and ‘is not’. You can select any option and write accordingly in the box next to it.
For example, Master Record ID contains 254139
Billing City is not NY
Account type is standard
Finally, click on the ‘Save Filters’ button. Follow the above steps.
To view the accounts, go to the Idea Box tool. Here click on any idea, and a side panel will appear. Expand the ‘Organization’ category, and all the imported accounts will be visible.
How to Configure Organization Custom Fields and Show Salesforce Details?
Do you need to add, remove and configure custom fields corresponding to Organizations? Configurations tool helps you configure fields based on your use case.