Import Features From a Spreadsheet
Chisel lets you easily import your data into Chisel by using the CSV import tool by following simple steps.
To get started, you will need the following:
- Chisel’s premium account with maker rights
- A CSV file containing features
Note: A Chisel account with contributor access can’t proceed with any integration process. Learn more about the Chisel user roles.
Access CSV Import Button
- To get started, click on your account in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Once you do, a menu will appear. Select ‘Integrations’ from the list displayed.
- You’ll be redirected to a page of ‘Active Integrations’ and ‘All Integrations.’
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Import’ button corresponding to the CSV Import option.
- Here you’ll have to select multiple options before importing your data into Chisel. Let’s go through each of them below:
Upload CSV File
- First, upload a CSV(Comma Separated Values) File. Click on ‘Choose File’ and select the file from your computer that contains the feature data you wish to import.
Pro tip: The CSV import tool only needs to be used once per CSV.
Mapping CSV Columns With Chisel’s Feature Columns
- Once you have uploaded the CSV file, a list of options related to your features will be displayed.
- The CSV import tool supports five different fields: “Feature Title” and “Feature Description,” “Feature Label,” “Feature Status,” and “Feature Release.“
- In the ‘Mapping’ section, match your respective CSV column with Chisel’s respective feature columns.
- ‘Select the Component’ you want to import your features in, in the ‘One-time Import’ option.
- Scroll down till the end to get a ‘Live Preview’ of what the imported features will look like in Chisel.
Note: This live preview only shows the top/first 15 rows of the selected CSV file.
- Once you check the Live preview and are ready to import the features, simply click on the ‘Import Features’ button in the ‘One-time Import’ section.