Create Your First Feature
Once you create your first component, it is now time to go and add features to it.
The features for a component are a list of the different tasks that are required to bring the epic back to light.
- To add a feature in the treeview, click on the ‘+ button’ that appears once you hover over a component.
- Once you click on the button, a text field shall appear, letting you enter the name of your feature. If you are satisfied with the feature, simply hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- If you are done entering names, just hit the Enter key on your keyboard or click elsewhere on the screen.
- In order to add a feature in the Kanban and Release view go to the cell that corresponds to the column and component that you want to add the feature to. Once you are there, a button that says “Add Feature” should appear.
- Click on the button, and a text box shall appear, letting you enter the name of your feature. Once you are satisfied with the feature, click on the purple “Add Feature” button.
Congratulations! You now have a product that has components and features!