How To Publish Features From the Feedback Portal
Planning to work on or are already working on a feature and wish to get feedback from your customer(s)? We got the right tool for that. Our feedback portal’s publish feature tool lets you share the feature and get relevant feedback and other comments.
How to Access the Publish Feature Tool
- Expand any feature you want to publish in the treeview section of the roadmap pillar. A data side panel will appear.
- Here click on the ‘publish feature’ button. Two sections of internal and published to portal will open up. You can edit the second section of ‘published to portal.’ The name and description you type here will be visible to your customers.
- Now, click on the ‘publish feature’ button at the bottom.
- To get feedback on this feature from your customers, copy the link you get and open it in another tab or share it with your customers.
From Feedback Portal
- Click on the feedback portal from the user research pillar on the left-hand side of your workspace.
- This is the product manager’s portal where all the necessary data related to the features published on the customer portal is visible.
- Go to the ‘Features published on Portal’ card, and click on the ‘publish feature’ button.
- In the search bar, type the name of the relevant feature you wish to publish. Select the product, followed by the component, and finally, the feature.
- Once you select the feature, a box with the necessary details will appear. Follow the same process as discussed for treeview.
Adding New Features From the Feedback Portal
- If you want to add a new feature, you can also do that from here. Simply type the name of the new feature in the search bar.
- Scroll down in the search bar to confirm the component you wish to add the feature to. And finally, click on the ‘+’ button.
- Your feature will be visible in the treeview section.
More Settings of a Published Feature
- Go to the treeview section and expand the feature you want to view the customer feedback of. If you’ve already published the feature, the customer feedback button will be visible. Click on it to get all the details of the feature feedback.
- Similarly, in the feedback portal section, click on any feature name and get the necessary details of the feedback.
- The feedback details will include the comments left by your customers and the priorities they’ve selected.
- To edit the description and the name of the feature, click the edit icon. Once you’ve made the necessary changes, click on the done button.
- Your changes will be saved and visible in the customer portal!
- Once you get the relevant data from your customers and you wish to unpublish the feature from the customer portal, simply expand the feature published icon and select the option as per your requirements.