Microsoft Teams Integration
With the MS Teams Integration tool, you can connect your Chisel workspace to Microsoft Teams to notify your team members of new features that need feedback.
Let us look at the guided steps on how to do so.
To get started, you will need the following:
- Chisel’s premium account with Admin maker rights
- Install Microsoft Teams’ Incoming Webhooks app
- An account and a channel in MS teams
Note: A Chisel account with contributor access can’t proceed with any integration process. Learn more about the Chisel user roles.
How to Access Microsoft Teams Integration?
- In your Chisel workspace, click on ‘Integrations’ under the ‘workspace‘ pillar on the left navigation bar.
- Once you click on ‘Integrations,’ you will see a screen that shows you all the integrations you have set up(active integrations) and other integrations you can set up.
- Now click on the ‘Connect’ button next to ‘Microsoft Teams Notifications.’
Set up an Incoming Webhook
- But before we integrate Chisel and MS team’s workspace, you first need to install Microsoft Teams’ Incoming Webhooks app.
- Now go to the MS Teams app, and follow the below guidelines.
- Create a channel you want to integrate.
- If you have a channel in place, go to ‘More Options’ and select ‘Connectors’ from the drop-down menu.
- Search for ‘Incoming Webhook’ and click on the ‘Configure’ button.
- Here give a name, upload an image if required, and click on the ‘Create’ button at the bottom.
- Once you do that, an URL is visible in the box.
- Copy the URL and click on ‘Done.’
Now back to your Chisel workspace!
- Here paste the URL in the ‘Configure’ category.
- You also need to write the channel name where messages and notifications will be delivered to your teammates.
- Finally, click on the ‘Save Integration’ button at the bottom of the page.
- If you wish to delete the entire integration, simply click the ‘Delete Integration’ button.
Congratulations on successfully setting up the Microsoft Teams Integration for Chisel’s workspace.
Send a Message in Your MS Team Channel To Get Prioritization Feedback
- To request a team vote, go to ‘Team Participation.’
- Here click on ‘Request Team Vote.’ The MS teams button in the ‘Share Over’ category will be enabled.
- Click on it, select the MS Teams channel to which you want to send it.
- Finally, press the ‘Send’ button.
Your team members will get the message in their MS Teams channel.